Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Fall in the PNW

I am not good at this blogging thing... I started this post on Oct 27th. Oops.

I am seriously loving being in the pacific north west during the fall! Granted, we are now creeping towards winter, with the freezing cold mornings to prove it, but still! It's been SO beautiful! 

Mum and Sophie and I have been doing some hiking lately, which has been lovely. It's the perfect weather to hike - cold enough to necessitate bundling up a bit, instead of being too hot so you overheat!







Sophie LOVES being on my back! She gets to see everything that's going on, and keeps nice and warm! And it's so much easier for me to carry her, too, which is a lot of fun!

My favorite part might have to be her cute little red nose - no matter how many layers she has or hats she has, that little nose gets cold... Might be time to make her a balaclava?


My dear friend Heather came to visit recently which was a BLAST! I have been dying for her to meet Sophie, and she finally had a chance to come visit with her friend on their reading break at school. I played tour guide and took them around to the various spots in town, then we met mum and Picolos cellar for a wool, wine, and cheese night! It was so fun seeing her! Now I'm planning our trip to the island to visit her, once I get around to applying for passports for me and Sophie, that is...





We've also been spending some time with two super cute babies! I have been nannying twice a week for an awesome family in our ward. Their two babies are a week younger than Sophie and so freaking cute it kills me! The three of them are buddies. I love it!




Sophie is obsessed with them and they are liking her more and more each time we go over. They are such snugglers, the three of them, so my days are just spent with adorable smushy babies! It has also convinced me that I'm having triplets next time. Don't tell Steve.

No comments:

Post a Comment