Saturday, October 10, 2015

Sophie


I have the most beautiful baby in all of existence. Every mum says that, I know, but man do I love my little girl! 


I never thought I'd have a daughter. I assumed we'd have all boys like Steve's parents. I even spent the first half of my pregnancy talking to my "son"! But having Sophie is a dream! She has the sweetest temperament, smiles at most people but saves the biggest smiles for her favorites. She loves her Dad. She gives the slobberiest gummy kisses. She loves to grab faces and grabs my mouth while she nurses. I take way too many photos of her but I can't help it, I want to remember everything! 


Sometimes I'm worried that she'll think my phone is a part of me... That maybe I should put it down more and focus on the moment? I was laying in bed nursing Sophie and she looked up at me and gave me the sweetest smile. It's a little milky, a little sleepy, but I feel so much love in it. I immediately went to grab my phone to take a photo, but stopped myself. This is my smile. I'm the only one who nurses her and this is my reward. These moments are for Sophie and I to share, and they are fleeting. So instead I stared back into her eyes, smiled back at her, and stayed in the moment. Those are my smiles, smiles just for mama, and I'm going to keep them all to myself.

1 comment:

  1. Love that sweet baby!! Thanks again for visiting us while you were in town!!

    www.threewhims.com

    ReplyDelete