Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Anxiety

Parent anxiety is a real thing, and I am full of it. Even before I had Sophie, while I was still pregnant, I had horrible anxiety. I was constantly scared that something was going to happen to Nellie, Steve, or the baby. Driving home from work, I'd think Nellie would be dead. That the house had burned down with her in it, or that it had flooded and she had drowned. I'd get home and everything would be fine. Then, around 7pm, it would start again but for Steve. What if a crazy gun man rampaged through his work and killed him? What if he gets in a car crash? What if there's an earthquake on the way home and he falls into a sink hole? Now that I have Sophie, those irrational feelings have gone, thank goodness. But they've been replaced by an entirely new set of fears. Every cough, every cry, every moment of too much silence, is a whole new fear. 


Today was a rash! She had her doctor appointment yesterday morning, and the doctor told us we need to start her more consistently on solid foods, and she had some shots, including her flu shot! This morning, she had a giant rash all over her back, legs, stomach, and head. I freaked out! Steve told me it was probably nothing, to give it a few days and see if it gets worse. Nope. I took her in, and it turns out he was right! It's possible it's an allergic reaction to either sweet potato or eggs, but more likely it's a heat rash from the fever she had last night. So that was definitely an overreaction on my part, and Steve is now calling himself a Doctor. 


She loves sweet potato, like her mama, so we just need to wait for the rash to go away and then reintroduce them. See if it happens again! Poor baby. In the meantime, I'm going to give her lots of snuggles, and try to control my freak outs for every sneeze, cry... And heat rash...

No comments:

Post a Comment