Monday, April 25, 2016

What I can't shut up about

If you like floor plans, then this is the blog post for you!

We have been living with my parents since we moved to Washington a year ago. It has been amazing, but it's time we adult a bit more and get our own place. Also, I want another baby, and there is quite literally no room in the house. It is too full of all of our crap. So I have been drooling over an apartment complex in Issaquah for far too long, and hopefully in a month or so I will be writing a blog post about the perils of moving 1,400 books into an 880 square foot apartment. But for now, drool with me over these floor plans.


Our first contender is the smaller apartment. It's also cheaper, this seems to me that it's the smarter option. We don't necessarily need extra space. Plus, it has two bathrooms, so if I really start to feel crowded I can just lock Steve and Nellie into the extra bathroom, and take a bath in the master bathroom. Obviously Sophie is napping peacefully in her room in this fantasy. I'm not a monster.


Contender two is bigger but of course more expensive. It has more dining space, which lets be honest means crafting space. However, more space means less money to fuel my baby gear habit. Do I want a more spacious living room or do I want another Wildbird ring sling, that BOB double stroller, and a custom-knit baby blanket from Iceland? I think if I look at my life and my choices the answer is probably the latter. 

We find out May 12-15 whether they have any availability. Hopefully they will. If not, you can find us under our ever-growing pile of crap in my parents spare bedroom. I'll be the one silently sobbing into a bar of chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment