Sunday, April 24, 2016

Birthday bestness

Bestness isn't a real word yet but it is now because yesterday was the best! I loved putting together Sophie's party and I didn't take nearly enough photos because I was far to busy living in the moment. And the moment was so fun!

Gold balloons!!! Slightly deflated but STILL CUTE!

I had a blast decorating - the theme was Spot the Dog, Sophie's favorite book, and so obviously there were lots if polka dots! I bought gold happy birthday letter balloons and they were terrible quality and a handful but I don't care because they looked so cute! I also bought polka dot balloons and they were so perfect! I made a Spot the Dog cake and I'll be honest with you, up close it looked a little off, but from far away it was awesome! I had a hard time with the icing... But it tasted great!


Dad was organizing and parking cars this morning and made the mistake of saying hi to Sophie. She then insisted on going with him on whatever he was doing, which meant she drove her first car today! She's so funny and cute - she let Grandpa know she wanted to be held, and was very upset when he tried to walk away! How can you say no to her though? She's the best!



But the best part of the day were my people! Thomas, Kyla, Jonny, and Daisy all came into town! Sophie loves the attention she gets when everyone is here! They all love holding her and she looooooves them! It's so cute to see her with them! The more tired she gets the more she wants her grandma though. Not her mum. Hurtful.


My big surprise though was Adrienne, Kathryn, and Nick!!! Oh my gosh! Roberta came through the door, followed by Kathryn and Adrienne, and then Nick. It was so funny, I'm so used to them walking though the door it seemed completely normal! It wasn't until I saw Nick, and thought hang on they are all supposed to be in San Fran, and that's when I freaked out! It is so amazing to have my oldest and dearest friends here to celebrate Sophie's birthday with me. I almost cried! I held it in though. Only the birthday girl can cry at her party!


But speaking of, Sophie was a perfect birthday girl! No tears! She even got to play with one of her friend, and made a few new friends too! It was so fun, and my girl definitely loves being the center of attention. We might have to watch out for that!


Today though we fly out to Salt Lake, where she will get heaps of attention again from her amazing grandparents and cousins and aunts and uncles! I'm so excited for her to see them again! It seems like she always immediately recognizes her Grandma Lisa and it just warms my heart. Lisa is such a sweetheart and is such a great grandma! Sophie loves her cousins too and they just looooove her! It's so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment