Saturday, April 30, 2016

Late night conversations

We are sleep training Sophie (still? Yes still shut up) and last night she slept through the night! Wooooo! I however, did not. They don't warn you about that part of sleep training! How long until I learn to sleep through the night again?! Last night I woke up at 3am and couldn't figure out why Sophie wasn't waking up either. I was worried. I was kinda freaked out. I was scared. So I decided to check on her. This is the conversation Steve and I had, at 3am:

Me: Steve. STEVE.
Steve: What? What's wrong? What happened?
Me: It's 3am, Sophie hasn't woken up yet.
Steve: What?
Me: It's 3am and Sophie hasn't woken up!
Steve: Isn't that the point?
Me: Yes but I'm worried!
Steve: *falling back to sleep*
Me: Should I check on her?
Steve: You might wake her up.
Me: What if she's dead?
Steve: She's sleeping. It's 3am
Me: I'm going to check on her.
Steve: Fine. Don't wake her up.

I go check on her and she is sleeping like an angel. A sleep trained angel.

Me: She's fast asleep!
Steve: Did I have to be awake for this?

Poor husband. Poor Steve. Poor crazy Anna! How do you get through that though? Being so used to her waking up every two hours, now I'm just convinced somethings wrong when she doesn't wake up! And she didn't wake up until 6:45, but I still woke up every few hours expecting to hear her crying. I want her to sleep through the night but I freak out when she does. Motherhood is weird. 

No comments:

Post a Comment