Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween is here!


One of my favorite things about Halloween isn't the candy (150 calories in two tootsie rolls) the costumes (which seem to be getting sluttier each year, am I right?) or the haunted houses ($30 a ticket? no thanks!). It's the decorating! I absolutely LOVE pumpkins, jack-o-lanterns, and any kind of spooky decorations! I love driving by people's houses and seeing all the graveyards, ghosts, and cobwebs. The more decorations, the better!
Unfortunately, Steve has put a hold on my Halloween decorating spending, partly because we are taking a big trip this Christmas and need to save, but mostly because there are a total of 9 families in our neighborhood that have kids, most of which go to the Stake trunk-or-treat, which means that no one is around to enjoy our decorations. I was able to persuade him into letting me buy some pumpkins, and he even decorated them with me! They are now sitting in front of our house, and I can't help but giggle everytime I see them!
This year I decided to buy a bunch of the little mini $.89 pumpkins and draw faces on the, with black markings. They look like baby jack-o-lanterns and I think it's the cutest. They add a little bit of fun to the spookiness of the big pumpkins! Steve's originally had a knife sticking out of it's head, but we decided that might be a little too much. Also, my spaghetti brains and ketchup blood ideas were also vetoed. Maybe next year!
Mine is on the left, Steve's on the right.
I am excited for tomorrow! I doubt we will have many trick-or-treaters around, but we still have a big bowl of candy waiting for any who decide to show up!

1 comment: