Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Reading to Sophie


One of my favorite parts of my day is reading to Sophie. She absolutely loves it! We read at least three books before bed, usually five. She loves turning the page, pointing out the stars or the caterpillar or the different animals. She loves lifting the flaps on Spot books and listening to the silly noises! It's such a joy! She curls into me, puts her little arm on mine, and settles in to enjoy whatever it is we read that night. So I thought I would make a list of her favorite books to share with you guys! Honestly this post is definitely for me - I want to remember her favorite things, and these books are definitely some of them! In no particular order, here they are:

1. Where's Spot?
2. Duck and Goose: Goose Needs a Hug
3. The Very Hungry Caterpillar
4. Teddy Bear Picnic
5. Little Blue Truck
6. The More We Get Together
7. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
8. Goodnight Boston
9. Who Says Quack?
10. The Itsy Bitsy Snowman

The great thing about these books though is that I like reading them! Thus far, we haven't had any differing opinions as to which books are good. She definitely knows which ones she wants to read, and will tell me if I'm reading the wrong one! Once she almost threw herself off the couch because I'd picked up the wrong book and she could see the one she wanted! Silly mummy. I'm hoping this love of reading continues - I can't wait for the day that we read Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone together!

I will be honest about one thing though - I haven't read her the book I Love You Forever yet. I'm worried I might cry!

No comments:

Post a Comment