Friday, December 30, 2011

Jolly old England!

We are now in England, staying with my brilliant auntie Debbie and uncle Simon and my cousins Katie and Tim! Debbie is a fantastic archaeologist, and has been giving us a personal tour of the villages around here, telling us all the history of the different buildings and churches and such. It's really cool, because everything is SO OLD! One of the churches we went in today was built in 1135, (the 12th century!) and it has stunning stone work. We also did a bit of shopping for New Years, Simon has set up a gazebo outside, disco balls inside, and Debbie has a fantastic music playlist organized too!

Last night, Steve and I stayed with my grandparents, Jill and Godfrey, which was great fun! We went into Uppingham, went out for lunch at a local pub, then walked around Oakham. We stayed the night there, and in the morning, went back into Uppingham and then walked down to the church that is right near their house. I remember when we were really little, getting all dressed up to go see the Christmas Nativity, and I think Debbie and Simon's wedding was there too! It's such a gorgeous little church!

Tonight we are going out to dinner at an Italian restaurant, and then tomorrow we are setting up for the big New Years bash! I have a fantastic purple dress to wear that Debbie bought me (thanks again!) and Katie has a gorgeous dress to wear. Steve wanted to buy a rugby jersey but couldn't find one.

I'm having a hard time getting pictures to load so I'm just going to do one and have a cup of tea while I wait for it to get up! It's so great to be back in England, and it's so much fun to be spending time with everyone again. Katie is absolutely gorgeous, she's dyed her hair this brilliant red and it looks fantastic on her, and Tim is hilarious, he's the life of the party! And of course my FANTASTIC Auntie Debbie and Simon, who is a lot more like Dad than I remember, they definitely have the same sense of humor! (bad puns, dad jokes, etc) Steve likes it here too, maybe I'll persuade him to stay!


xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I love the photo! Thanks so much for posting this..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and what's with the scarf thing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna - i miss you! let's hang out soon!! when you get home, you need to text me, k?

    jessica broadbent

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scarf is because it is cold in that house!

    ReplyDelete