Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Books I've Read Thus Far, and Other Frivolities.


Here are the books I've read so far! For those who care (probably just me) I did take the effort to find the exact cover that I experienced while reading the book, which means that you are seeing what I saw. Exciting, yes? They are as follows:

1. Case Histories, by Kate Atkinson
2. The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, by Jean-Dominic Bauby
3. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, by John Boyne
4. Breakfast at Tiffany’s, by Truman Capote
5. The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky
6. The Complete Sherlock Holmes, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
7. The Virgin Suicides, by Jeffrey Eugenides
8. Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, by Jonathan Safran Foer
9. Looking for Alaska, by John Green
10. The History of Love, by Nicole Krauss
11. The Unbearable Lightness of Being, by Milan Kundera
12. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, by Stieg Larsson
13. Love in the Time of Cholera, by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
14. Her Fearful Symmetry, by Audrey Niffenegger
15. The Little Prince, by Antoine de Saint-Exupery
16. The Art of Racing in the Rain, by Garth Stein
17. Battle Royale, by Koushun Takami
18. It’s Kind of a Funny Story, by Ned Vizzini

I have had so much fun reading all of these! I have loved some and I have been disappointed by many, but it's just really enjoyable choosing what I'm going to read, reading it, and not having to write an essay on my feelings. Which can be fun, I admit, but it's nice not to have to do so. If you want recommendations, read 5, 7, 9, 11, 12, 15, 16, 17 if you're open minded, and 18. Those are my favorites so far. Sherlock Holmes was amazing also, but it definitely takes a lot of time to get through!

Tonight I am going to the gym with my new friend Andrea. She moved into the ward with her husband Mike and I am having a blast getting to know her! She's the granddaughter of Steve's parents' friends, the Childs. Did that get complicated? Oh well, read it a couple of times, you'll understand. Either way, she's great fun and is pregnant, due in May! She's having a little boy. So exciting! There really are a ton of babies being born lately, mostly boys, too. Two of my friends just had boys, I'm going to a baby shower this weekend for another baby boy coming, then my sister in law is due in April and having a boy, and Andrea is due in May with a boy! Good grief! Luckily my friend Jane is having a GIRL, she's due in June/July. So I'll be able to make at least one girl baby quilt.

Steve and I have been enjoying life lately, although he's had a lot of course work to do! Poor guy! My parents and brother were in town last week and it was a BLAST! I didn't take any pictures though, only because I was too busy having fun. It was great seeing Thomas in Salt Lake City again, he hasn't been to the house since the wedding! Eek! We have also done some organizing, putting up some shelves and getting our house more under control. It feels and looks really good, I'll tell you that! Our "room of shame" (a.k.a. the spare room!) is no longer quite as shameful which is great. I will have to take some pictures soon and post them.

I better be going, it's storming like crazy outside though and I just want to stay in bed! Alas, the elliptical beckons me!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment